In this article, you will learn how to fix [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] errors in mail. Apart from that, we also describe the various reasons that you should know to resolve the issue.
Microsoft Outlook shows different types of error codes. These codes arise when you give a command to Outlook, but it is unable to operate. Now, to fix the problem, you have to identify its root cause. Then you can permanently resolve the issue.
Before jumping to the solutions to fix the error message, let us explore why the error occurs.
What Causes the Error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]?
Outlook pii email error may arise due to many reasons. Based on that, we have to adopt a suitable method to remove the error. Therefore, it is mandatory to know the cause of the error message. The main reasons for the error message are listed below.
- The error message may appear because you are using an older version of Microsoft Outlook. There are some bugs in MS Outlook that can not be resolved. So, you need to install an updated version of Microsoft Outlook.
- Another critical reason is the incorrect Outgoing server settings. The application is unable to make a connection with the server due to the wrong configuration settings. As a result, it shows an error on the screen.
- If the one of Outlook data files (PST) gets corrupted, you will encounter the error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. Therefore, you need to repair the PST files to fix the error message.
How to Solve [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error Code
You can resolve the error message with a manual solution and an automatic method (third-party software). The manual solutions are free techniques through which you can fix the problem. They do not require any additional tools, but you should have the basic technical knowledge to perform the steps.
Some of the effective manual methods are the following.
1. Delete a Duplicate Email Account
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook application in your system.
- Click on the File option in the menu bar.
- Then, select the Account Settings icon from the Info tab.
- Now, choose Account Settings from the list.
- After that, click on the duplicate account.
- At last, press the Remove button to delete the identical account.
2. Configure the Port Number and other Server settings
The incorrect port number and the server settings are the root cause of the Microsoft Outlook [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error code. The procedure to assign the correct settings is below.
- Open Outlook and click on the File button.
- Click on the Account Settings icon and select Account Settings from the list.
- In the new wizard, double-click the desired email account.
- After that, click on the More Settings option.
- Choose the Outgoing server tab and enable the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- After that, move to the Advanced tab and set the Incoming server and Outgoing server to the following values.
Incoming Server (IMAP): 993
Outgoing Server (SMTP): 465
- Next, set the type of encrypted connection to SSL/TLS
3. Use Control Panel to Repair the Software
- Open the Control Panel in your system.
- Now, click on the Uninstall a Program under the Program option.
- After that, choose Microsoft Office and then press the Change button.
- A new wizard will appear on the screen. Click on the Repair button.
- After completing the repair, click on the Close button.
- At last, you have successfully repaired the software.
4. Repair using Inbox Repair Tool
If the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error message occurs due to corrupted PST files, you can fix the error by repairing the PST files. The scanpst.exe or Inbox Repair Tool is available with every Microsoft Outlook to fix minor corruptions in Outlook data files. Follow the steps below to use the tool.
- Open File Explorer and go to the following location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
- Now, search for scanpst.exe and double click on it to open it.
- Press the Browse button to search the PST file.
- After that, click on the Start button to start the scanning of the file.
- Tick the Make backup of scanned files option to save the data.
- Enter the name and location to the backup file.
- At last, click on the Repair button to fix the trouble.
The above are the main manual techniques to resolve the issue. Although they are effective, they do not ensure the safety of data. A non-technical user can not perform these steps. Also, if the error arises due to corrupted PST files, you need an advanced solution to fix the problem.
Outlook PST Repair tool is advanced software to repair corrupted or damaged PST files. If the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error occurs due to corrupted PST files, it is the best solution to fix the problem. You can restore the heavily corrupted file to its original state using this tool. Also, the tool has an interactive user interface, and the steps are simple. Therefore, anyone can use the tool and repair the corrupted PST files with ease.
You can resolve the error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] by different methods. you can choose either a manual technique or third-party software. The manual methods are free of cost. However, they do not ensure complete data recovery. Also, you can only adopt them when you have good technical knowledge. So, the best option for everyone is in the Outlook PST Repair tool. This automated solution repairs the corrupted file and fixes the error. Also, it retrieved deleted items in Outlook. Thanks for reading this article. I hope you found it useful.