People usually use the statement- People can live without food, but not without a smartphone. Somewhere, this statement is half true, not fully. The actual meaning of the above statement is that people use smartphones so much that sometimes they forget to eat on time. From younger to adult, adult to older age, all are heavy users of the smartphone. Because there are many reasons behind it.
Let’s see some reasons why people use smartphones this much.
- People find every type of entertainment on mobile.
- People can use smartphones for emergency work.
- People can easily connect with anyone around the world with the help of the Internet.
- People can do any work within a minute with the help of smartphones.
- And many more.
- Android was first introduced in 2008. its smartphone OS market share currently stands at 85%.
- Shipments are anticipated to reach 1.41 billion in 2022, growing at a five-year CAGR of 2.4%.
- Around 90,000 new mobile apps were made available on Google Play in June 2022.
Now, it’s time to see the top Android app development trends in 2022.
Top Android app development trends
The followings are some top Android app development trends in 2022–
1. Android Instant Apps
Android users can utilize Google Play Instant to entirely bypass installing an app or game in order to tap to try it out. Instant Apps are just as easy to use as websites and are run directly from the cloud because users do not need to download the apps. So, these applications don’t take up storage capacity on your smartphone.
These applications clear the device’s storage of extraneous applications. For Android app developers, Google has just released a number of new tools that make it simpler to create smaller, quicker-downloading apps. Due to this, before installing the apps, you can use and review them.
The Android App Bundle, a new publication format for Android apps, is a step toward providing a Google Play Instant experience as soon as possible.
2. APM and EMM
Intending to speed up mobile apps, enterprise mobile app development includes APM ( Application Performance Management) and EMM ( Enterprise Mobile Management).
Objectives for the quality of mobile apps have increased along with the rapid rise of mobile app development. Not only does it focus on the safety and security of apps, but it also makes mobile device data transfer effective.
MotionLayout is the way to go if you’re trying to fill the gap between complicated motion and layout transitions in android development. MotionLayout aids in controlling widget animation and movement in your program. It includes features from TransitionManager, CoordinatorLayout, and the property animation framework.
MotionLayout is offered as a support library and is backward-compatible with API level 14 as an element of the ConstraintLayout library.
Regardless of size or complexity, MotionLayout is entirely declarative when specifying transitions in XML.
4. Kotlin Multiplatform
Kotlin, the reuse of cross-platform logic in both generic and platform-specific code is made possible by cross-platform libraries. Assistance for multiplatform programming is a crucial advantage that reduces the time spent creating code for many, frequently at odds with one another platforms while maximizing the adaptability and advantages of native development.
5. 5G Technology
5G technology offers tremendous efficiency and speed that is unimaginable when tried compared to 4G networks. With a speed of 100 GBPS, 5G technology is the pinnacle of data transfer, enabling developers to create high-performance, feature-rich apps that will boost service quality.
Let’s see some major features that will help in app development.
The followings are some features of 5G technology-
- Increased speed- It will definitely increase the speed of the Internet, if we compare it to 4G technology. With this increased speed, the app development process will be done easily with more features and functionalities.
- Increased Capacity- The network can support multiple devices that are concurrently connected.
- Improved Reliability- Developers of Android apps can create apps that are less prone to interruptions and outages. Due to, 5G’s increased stability over earlier generations.
- Reduced Latency– As a result, there will be less time between when a user requests data and when they actually receive it.
6. Chatbots & Google Assistant
Chatbots are software applications that simulate human dialogue. They’re growing popular as a tool to communicate with people and are frequently used to offer customer assistance or other services.
As they offer a more effective and practical means for people to connect with computer systems, chatbots are growing in popularity. Operations that would ordinarily require manual interaction are automated by them.
7. On-demand software
On-demand software has had a great impact on people’s life after the pandemic of COVID-19. App development industries develop such applications, which people need in the current situation.
App development industries research the market and find out which type of applications people need. According to such needs, industries built the applications.
8. Augmented Reality
Another significant trend that is permeating Android app development is augmented reality (AR). This technology, which is already in use in a variety of applications from gaming to commerce, enables developers to superimpose digital content over the actual world.
Because they offer a rich, interactive experience that can be utilised in a variety of scenarios, augmented reality (AR) apps are being used by an increasing number of individuals.
Let’s see some features of Augmented Reality.
Features of Augmented Reality
- It enables users to engage genuinely with computer-generated visuals by superimposing them on the real world.
- Apps for augmented reality can be utilized in a variety of contexts, such as gaming, education, retail, and other areas.
- Technology for augmented reality is continually developing, making it a fascinating and constantly changing area.
9. Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence has aided businesses and mobile applications in scaling unprecedented levels. Artificial intelligence can handle everything from administering your goods and services to putting in automated chatbots for enhanced customer care. Additionally, the use of human labor in many tasks has decreased thanks to artificial intelligence, which lowers the possibility of human error when using these apps.
Artificial intelligence has therefore assisted in increasing the activities’ accuracy and has also become a budget measure in mobile app development since the costs associated with human labor can be reduced. Artificial intelligence has also contributed to improved data security and a decrease in the likelihood of cybercrimes and data theft.
10. Low Code App Development
Long, thorough scripts were frequently used during the app development process, which made it difficult and prone to errors. The use of low code app development strategies by app developers, however, has increased the pace and decreased the likelihood of error in the app development process since technology has advanced.
Updating applications has become simpler thanks to low-code app development, without totally altering the source code. As a result, low code app development features have improved the process’s viability. Low code app development has also contributed to the development of simpler, more customer applications. Users with less technological expertise can therefore use them with ease.
11. Touchless UI
The technology advancement and innovation in the area of mobile app development that stands out the most is touchless UI. Because touch displays and features are boring to users and mobile app developers, the latter created touchless user interfaces (UIs). These operate utilizing speech recognition and gestures, thus simplifying the process of using apps.
The elderly and the disabled now have an easier time using mobile applications thanks to this discovery. You don’t need to type much; just speak what you want, and the software will bring it to you. The only cause of this hassle-free experience is Touchless UI.
12. Big Data
Another noticeable trend that is beginning to affect Android app development is big data. Developers can gather and examine a lot of data using big data to find relationships and correlations. This data can enhance user experience or help advertisers target their adverts more precisely.
Big Data is transforming the way businesses run and providing them with the knowledge they need to make wiser decisions. Numerous features make it perfect for companies and organisations trying to learn more about their clients and daily operations.
The following features are-
- Scalable– Big Data may readily be adjusted to meet the requirements of any enterprise, irrespective of its size.
- Reasonably priced: Big Data solutions are frequently economical and environmentally, making them a perfect alternative for companies of all sizes.
- Flexible– Big Data is adaptable and may be utilized for a range of corporate purposes, including customer analysis and fraud protection.
- Actionable– Big Data is useful for informing decisions on a range of business concerns, from branding to product design.
- Reliable– Big Data is frequently more reliable and precise than other data sets because of its vast random sample.
13. Android Jetpack
Developers can simply create high-quality apps thanks to the Jetpack collection of frameworks, tools, and advice. These tools let you adhere to best practices, relieve you from writing code duplication, and simplify challenging chores so you can concentrate on the system you care about. To address key challenges like app administration and backward compatibility, Android Jetpack employs all currently available support libraries, frameworks, and structures.
Architecture, foundation, user interface, and behaviour are the major four areas used by Google to organize everything into a single bundle.
In this blog, we have discussed some top trends in Android app development. We also mentioned some statistics on Android. We have discussed every trend with examples and features. We hope that you will gather some knowledge from this blog. You can visit the DreamSoft4u website.